Hingham High School Chorus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

mentoring program

2 posters

Go down

mentoring program Empty mentoring program

Post  Abbie Barrett Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:23 am

As being a part of the mentoring program for four years now, I have seen how much this aspect of chorus helps create a positive atmosphere within the chorus. I know that as a freshmen coming into high school, I was shy, nervous, and really didn't know what to expect. But having a mentor there for you really does make a difference. I feel that some people don't take and think the mentoring program does much, but they are wrong. Being in the mentoring program allows you to make a new friend and be able to help one another throughout the high school experience. TO have someone there to rely and count on really helps people get through will a lot they face in school. I know my freshen year my sister was my mentor and I really enjoyed having another special connection with her that allowed us to spend time with each other outside the regular family bonding. This year I really hope our chorus goes above and beyond with mentoring. It will bring a positive atmosphere to the chorus and allow people who are struggling to be able to talk with their mentor and other members of the chorus to conquer their struggles.
Abbie Barrett

Abbie Barrett

Back to top Go down

mentoring program Empty Mento

Post  Ciarahermandunphy Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:45 pm

I love being a mento because i really like my mentor, Caitlyn! she is so nice and always says hi to me in the halls and we talk a lot apart from chorus events! She has been very welcoming and helpful to me during the beginning of my freshman year! She is very supportive of the chorus! I would love to get to know her more, we should have more mentor/mento events that we can bond over more! we should make something together or we could sign up for fundraising together. I am very excited to become close with Caitlyn this year.

Ciarahermandunphy

Back to top Go down