Hingham High School Chorus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mentor Program

Go down

Mentor Program Empty Mentor Program

Post  Sarah Pohl Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:29 pm

As a sophomore I currently do not have a mento nor do I have a mentor. Even though this is not ideal, as I do not have anyone to call my mentor or mento, I still feel as though I am a part of the program. As an older member in Concert Choral, I feel as though I have the obligation to set examples for the freshman who are not as experienced in the High School or the chorus program. Last year my mentor would write me pre-concert notes in order to get me excited and pumped up for the concert. This was a great, as I was able to get to know her and feel as though I truly was a part of the chorus program. Not that I did not feel a part of the chorus program without my mentor, because I did, but having a mentor truly gave that little "push" to be more outgoing and active in the chorus program. An idea that I have for the sophomores, who are in between when it comes to the mentor program, is they could team up with an upperclassman and help to mentor a freshman. The upperclassman who the sophomores teamed up with could also help with any questions or concerns they may have. This way, the sophomores could be included in the program. Even though they would not be a huge part of it, they could be a little help to the freshman and themselves especially since there are many sophomores in concert chorale with them. All in all, the mentor program is great, and I am excited to have a mento when I am an upperclassman.

Sarah Pohl

Back to top Go down