Hingham High School Chorus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

my mentor :)

2 posters

Go down

my mentor :)  Empty my mentor :)

Post  rbreedlove Tue May 22, 2012 12:00 am

This year as a freshman my mentor is Shannon Mchugh. She has been the best mentor anyone could ask for! She is kind caring and is a very good listener. During concerts she has given me candy and joy. It was very helpful to become friends with Shannon before chorus from dance team. From the start I knew she would be a wonderful person. Most mentors and mentees lose touch after a certain amount of time. To continue socializing we should plan social outings such as going to nona's for ice cream after the concerts and the mentors and mentees could bring gifts for one another. We could as well do a fundraising competition such as mentors against mentees when doing a car wash. Which ever team earns the most money win a small prize. Competitions at the fundraisers with not only increase socialization between the mentors and the mentees but we will raise money and most of all have fun! I hope for the incoming freshman next year to enjoy having a mentor as much as I did this year!

rbreedlove

Back to top Go down

my mentor :)  Empty My mento :)

Post  ShannonMcHugh Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:27 am

Rain is one of the best mentos in the chorus( in my opinion). She is so sweet, kind, and always full of energy. She was sweet and open to people from the moment I met her on dance team. I love what she was saying about the bond between mentor and mento and how we can strengthen that bond. The idea about a friendly competition between mentoring pairs was one idea that I really liked. It would bring together the pairs and also add a fun element to fundraising. For next year I think we should add more social outings as mentor and mento pairs. This past year I know that we have tried to increase plans between the two however I don't think that it really worked. I am upset that Rain is leaving for Texas, but I will defiantly stay in contact with her, and i will always think of her as my wonderful mento.

ShannonMcHugh

Back to top Go down