Hingham High School Chorus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Talent Expo: Disney

Go down

Talent Expo: Disney Empty Talent Expo: Disney

Post  Nicole Tivnan Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:21 pm

Looking back at the concert now, after a bit of time has passed, I can really appreciate what we accomplished here. I know that it was by no means one of our strongest performances vocally and our musicality was, to say it nicely, limited. For the past two years I remember the stress on dynamics and finding meaning and heart in the text, making the music more musical. Maybe it’s because I was not able to be around for the Major Works concert which highly emphasizes all those things, but I really missed those parts of the music. That being said, I am so proud of what we were all able to accomplish. Talent Expo has always been about us (solos, special acts, attire, etc.), so why not make the music be us. We no longer were just singing the music, but we laid the foundation, we developed and nurtured it, we executed it to the best of our abilities when the time came. The concert was definitely a bit messier than in the past, but I was still rather impressed with the overall results. I would naturally be more critical to Concert Chorale because I am a part of it and I know how it is supposed to be and I watched the gradual process of its growth instead of just getting one listen to it, so leaving Concert Chorale out, I was happily impressed with the special acts and other pieces in the concert. I thought that it was amazing how well everyone seemingly learned and felt comfortable with the pieces they taught themselves. Additionally, people seemed to bring a well deserved light to the Disney music that we were honoring in our performance. As a whole, I thought the concert was such an amazing, memorable experience. The love I have for Disney with my peers in the chorus program will make this memory hold a special place for me, and I think the process has made an impact on us for the better.

Nicole Tivnan

Back to top Go down