Hingham High School Chorus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Caroling at Lindon Ponds

2 posters

Go down

Caroling at Lindon Ponds Empty Caroling at Lindon Ponds

Post  Maggie McFarland Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:56 pm

Our caroling trip to Lindon Ponds last Friday was an amazing experience. Going into it I wasn't really thinking about the impact we were going to have on all the elders, but singing in front of all them at the end of our trip and watching their faces light up as they sang along really made me feel good. It's amazing how much joy a few Christmas Carols brings them, and I think the joy we all saw while at Lindon Ponds can be related back to the topic of how important it is to cherish the time we have here on earth. It's so easy for us to take singing for granted sometimes, especially after singing the same carol over and over again. But the challenge on Friday was that we had to appear just as enthusiastic the first time we sang a carol as we did the last time we sang it. For me this helped emphasize that everything we do in our lives should be done with purpose. I'm so glad that we took the time for this field trip, and I hope we will be able to return to Lindon Ponds and sing some Disney Songs.

Maggie McFarland

Back to top Go down

Caroling at Lindon Ponds Empty Caroling @ LP

Post  aidenbrashier Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:15 am

Even though Christmas vacation is over, I will not forget how I felt when singing to the residents of Linden Ponds on the Friday before vacation began. I was kind of apprehensive about going to a nursing home because I expected a sterile, hospital type environment. However, I was surprised to see that, although they may have been away from family and friends during the holidays, the residents watching us were extremely cheerful upon hearing us sing. I liked that my voice, along with those of my fellow chorus members, had the capacity to make people feel the joy and warmth that comes along with the holidays. In addition, the experience at the GAR hall caroling for veterans with Choral Spectrum was very fun and fulfilling. Although we’ve had better performances, I was glad that we could make people there feel happy.

aidenbrashier

Back to top Go down