Hingham High School Chorus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

recruitment

Go down

recruitment Empty recruitment

Post  rachel dentremont Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:40 pm

Yesterday in chorus we had a long and detailed discussion about boys in chorus and having the current boys in mixed chorus moving to concert choral. I think this is a good thing for the boys whether they realize it or not. As we were saying, it will give them a strong base in the program and they will have at least a year of strengthening before going to mixed chorus. This will help them develop better sight reading skills and their talent in a more comfortable atmosphere and at a more comfortable pace. During our discussion, one of the girls came up with a brilliant idea to go to the middle school on days that we have mid-terms and talk to students there. I love this idea and I believe most of the chorus did as well. I think it will be worth our time especially if some of the members from mens chorus go to try and persuade some of the younger boys to join. If we recruit more younger boys for chorus then the older boys will be able to go back to mixed chorus when they are ready. Recruiting will definitely take hard work and time but I think that if we really want what's best for the chorus then everyone will try and do their best to help with the recruiting process and keep supporting the chorus.

rachel dentremont

Back to top Go down