Hingham High School Chorus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

recruitment

2 posters

Go down

recruitment  Empty recruitment

Post  Izzy Gilmartin Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:25 pm

with the numbers of enrolled chorus students dwindling in recent years, the lack of boys, and the large number of seniors graduating this year, the issue of recruitment is in the front of our minds. we should try to get the idea of chorus out there more. right now, the only time anyone really thinks about us is when we put up posters for a concert. we should try to do some "public relations" type things. we could perform at stuco assemblies or do more public fund raising. we could do a car wash or bake sale just so people think about the chorus. we need to put some ideas into action to get the chorus more into the public eye of the student body.

Izzy Gilmartin

Back to top Go down

recruitment  Empty Recruitment!!!

Post  eraso Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:43 pm

I think that with in a couple years the chorus program will definitely grow in size. Going to the middle school this year and singing to the middle schoolers I thought was a great idea. Singing for them let them get an idea on what its like to be in the high school chorus. I especially liked when they came up on stage with us and really got a glimpse of what they could be a part of. I know that when the high school chorus came to sing to my chorus class when I was in seventh and eighth grade I realized that I could one day sound as good as they did. Hopefully next year a lot of the eighth graders will join chorus. Also hopefully more boys will join. I believe that at least a couple boys will join chorus next year and then hopefully more and more will join as the years go on. All and all I think that this year going to the middle school was a great way to recruit eighth graders for chorus!

eraso

Back to top Go down