Hingham High School Chorus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recruitment 2013

2 posters

Go down

Recruitment 2013 Empty Recruitment 2013

Post  Aoife Kingsbury Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:58 pm

Ahh it's been so long since we've spoken about recruitment I feel like we've totally forgotten... We still need boys in Chorus, even if we won't have a lot for next year. Hopefully by getting them while they're young, we get into a cycle of just having a lot of guys doing Chorus as a habit... because we've been doing so badly with getting and maintaining a guy section, I feel like we've given up... We need more ideas on how to get boys back, espcially underclassmen, or the next few years will be completely guy-free.

Aoife Kingsbury

Back to top Go down

Recruitment 2013 Empty Recruitment

Post  marykateleonard Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:51 am

I totally agree with Aoife. I feel like since we have close to no boys in chorus this year, some people have just accepted that this is the way it is. I think in order to really succeed as a chorus program, we have to figure out a way to not only recruit but maintain male voices as a part of our chorus. I agree that recruiting younger boys and staying with them as they grow is important, but I think we can also look to the lower classmen at the high school. If we can just get a small group of boys to join, I am sure more will follow.

marykateleonard

Back to top Go down