Hingham High School Chorus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recruitment

2 posters

Go down

Recruitment Empty Recruitment

Post  Katie Kelleher Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:26 am

Recruitment for our chorus program has always been an issue once students are past freshman year. If a student doesn't join chorus his/her freshman year it is very unlikely that they will join later. However, many of those that do join freshman year tend to stick with chorus all four years. The graduating seniors this year all happened to be complete all four years of chorus. Next year especially with the new choral director it will be important for us as a chorus to open our doors to students that want to join after freshman year. Although they will have to be apart of concert chorale with the underclassmen the new students need this time to develop the skills that members of treble choir already have. The need for boys next year is crucial for any hopes of maintaining a mens chorus. I will try my best to talk to other guys in the music program and drama club to have them join next year.

Katie Kelleher

Back to top Go down

Recruitment Empty Recruitment for Next Year

Post  jennalee9896 Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:17 pm

Although we have had trouble recruiting people after freshman year, I think our biggest recruitment problem for next year will be recruiting freshmen for the chorus program. Incoming freshmen and their parents may think that since there will be a new teacher, the chorus program could get disorganized. It's important that we assure incoming freshmen that next years things may get a little rocky, but it's just because we are all adjusting to a new experience. It's all for the best and in the end, everything will be okay. Things will be different, however, we just have to accept everything and anything with an open mind.

jennalee9896

Back to top Go down