Hingham High School Chorus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TV Talent Shows and Their Flaws

3 posters

Go down

TV Talent Shows and Their Flaws Empty TV Talent Shows and Their Flaws

Post  abbiruggiero Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:48 pm

TV Talent Shows are always enjoyable. They display undiscovered voices both excellent and average. Though all many voices sound unbelievable "correct" singing habits may not be practiced. Also, TV Talent Shows, such as American Idol, may not accurately "judge" your singing abilities. This happens because listeners and fans watch the show and vote for which they liked best. When you like someone best it doesn't always mean their voice is the most talented or that they put on the best performance. Some fans vote based upon what their peers think, so there own opinion plays no true part when the time for cuts come around. Another thing is that some contestants create images or just have a physical advantage. For example, someone with a disability would get more votes from the start because they would have a "bigger" story. More watchers would vote for him/her because they feel bad for this person. These feelings may influence what you think of a contestant’s true singing ability. No offense to anyone, but the purpose of a TV Talent Show is to "discover" the most talented of all the contestants. It should not be about who is the cutest or whose feelings shouldn't get hurt. TV Talent Shows are always going to have their flaws when fans influence the cuts.

abbiruggiero

Back to top Go down

TV Talent Shows and Their Flaws Empty Tv Talent shows

Post  Julia Genovese Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:04 pm

I agree that Tv talent shows are entertaining but they are not ideal when trying to hear "quality music". Many of the people that appear on those shows have talent and are wonderful musicians. Like Abby mentioned people vote for the person they like the most and that does not always mean that the best and most talented is guaranteed to win. Some people have more likeability than others, making Tv talents shows unfair and sometimes frustrating. Also, the singers are not focused enough on the quality of the music such as vowels and expression. The most important thing for the contestants is to look good and put on a good show. I do like the fact that ordinary people have a chance to show their talents and become noticed but so many other struggling musicians are looking for a break and it seems unfair to them. I also agree that the bigger the story the more popular the person will be. People move on to the next round in these shows for being crazy an embarrassing while the people with real talent are not being viewed as much. For example, on the show American Idol the most crazy and awful singers get the most air time. Occasionally a person who really can sing will be shown. I think these shows would be better if only the best singers were put in front of the judges to sing on television. It is a waste of time to show the people who are only looking for a moment of fame and are willing to embarrass them selves. There are always going to be flaws with Tv talent shows but I do support the search for unnoticed talent.

Julia Genovese

Back to top Go down

TV Talent Shows and Their Flaws Empty TV Talent

Post  Rissy.I.Hennessey Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:40 pm

I agree with most of what has been said by both Abbi and Julia. I am a huge, huge fan of tv talent shows like American Idol. What I find is that almost every year on the show is that when they get to the actual competition and live performances, people often vote based on popularity and not the voice/ performance at hand. It drives me crazy to watch on the results night and find that one of the really good singers has gone home due to someone who maybe didn't have such a good performance that night or for the past few weeks but still made it thru just based on their popularity with the voters at home. Evil or Very Mad More often then not the really great performances are in the beginning or middle and by the end of the show nobody remembers them. I also think that the people at home believe that other americans who watch the show will vote as well and that they will vote for the better performances and just automatically think the good talent will get thru. In reality as seen in the past some of the great talent gets sent home at a very early stage in the competition when they dont deserve it. It is all based on the voter and it just so happens that the don't get thru because we dont vote. There are many who have great talent and deserve to have it recognized on shows like this.

Rissy.I.Hennessey

Back to top Go down

TV Talent Shows and Their Flaws Empty Re: TV Talent Shows and Their Flaws

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down