Hingham High School Chorus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The impacts of sight singing

Go down

The impacts of sight singing Empty The impacts of sight singing

Post  amandadurkin Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:32 pm

For years I have been writing off sight singing as one of those things that don’t really matter and that I completer just because I have to. Recently, I have come to understand that sight singing is imperative to the quality of a chorus. Typically, a group’s sight singing performance is a measure of how well they perform. During sight singing exercises we need to focus on breath management and the quality of the vowel sounds. Practicing this in warm ups will allow us to carry good habits over into our pieces for the concert. The better we collectively get at sight singing, the more productive we can become with our rehearsal time. If people are sight singing their music, we can get through the music much quicker and be efficient with the limited amount of time we have to rehearse. The faster we are able to learn the notes the more time we have to polish our pieces and make the tiny adjustments that turn a good song into a great song.

amandadurkin

Back to top Go down