Hingham High School Chorus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sight-Singing

Go down

Sight-Singing Empty Sight-Singing

Post  katecris Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:13 pm

While working on this final singing assessment, I have realized how much I have improved this year. Now, I am able to use solfege as a tool instead of a crutch, and count-singing has really helped my rhythmic accuracy. Last year, I would always ignore rhythm in order to get the pitch right, but this year has helped me to be able to integrate both. Last year, while practicing for choral spectrum callbacks, I struggled with learning the song and had to practice for hours. Now, if we had these try-outs again, I feel confident that I could learn the piece a lot faster with less mistakes, just because my reading skills have gotten so much better. This confidence I acquired in my musicianship makes it easier for me to pick up music outside of school. Learning a piece on the piano is a lot less intimidating, and I no longer have to resort to youtube to learn my voice lesson pieces. I hope that next year I will continue to develop my reading skills with our new teacher, because they have helped me grow as a musician.

katecris

Back to top Go down