Hingham High School Chorus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Connection to our music?

Go down

Connection to our music?  Empty Connection to our music?

Post  aidenbrashier Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:55 pm

I actually really enjoy the Haydn mass that we've been working on for a few weeks now. Since I was in Concert Chorale last year, I didn’t get to have the experience of singing all the movements of one mass. I think Kyrie is really beautiful, and it actually really reminds me of some of the music I listen today. As I’ve been experiencing more and more classical choral music since I’ve joined chorus, I’ve began to see that many of the artists I listen today seem to be inspired by the composers that lived hundreds of years ago. I think classical music is sort of an acquired taste…since we’re so constantly bombarded by the pop sounds today, our generation really doesn’t understand what true music is, and therefore most of us shudder at the mention of Bach, Mozart, Debussy, etc…but I’ve grown a new place in my heart for all of these composers and as a pianist, I can truly respect the incredible work they did in their time.

aidenbrashier

Back to top Go down