Hingham High School Chorus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

End of the Year Sight-Singing Assessment

Go down

End of the Year Sight-Singing Assessment Empty End of the Year Sight-Singing Assessment

Post  Abby.Warren Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:34 pm

The end of the year is finally here! It came so fast and looking back on the beginning of the year I remember the goals I had for myself in chorus. One of those goals was to improve my sight singing skills. For the end of the year assessment, we had to do prepare a sight singing duet. My partner was Grace, and it was so much fun! We are good at working together, so instantly that made our task easier. I think the hardest part of learning our duet was getting our different rhythms to fit seamlessly. Also, making sure we were reading the music right and establishing the correct "do" was crucial. With the help of the skills we learned throughout this year, we quickly got past the basics and were able to focus on details. Normally everyone thinks that sight singing assessments are stressful, but I think this last one was nice and we were all proud of the skills we have accumulated. Everyone sounded great when we performed our duets for the class, and I can't wait to hear the remaining duets later this week!

Abby.Warren

Back to top Go down