Hingham High School Chorus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sight Singing

Go down

Sight Singing Empty Sight Singing

Post  Brooke McLaughlin Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:34 am

In all honesty, I used to hate sight singing. I was absolutely horrible at it freshman year and had no idea what I was doing. Im still not great at it, but I definitely appreciate it a lot more. While rehearsing for Talent Expo this year, we used solfege a lot to help us learn the notes and get through a section successfully. It made learning the notes less of a guessing game and really helping in guiding us along. Last week right before our singing assessment, I wasn't planning on using solfege to read from book 3. But while I was looking at it, I realized that I probably wouldn't be able to make it through without using it. For me, using solfege during sight singing or just in general, has gone from a chore to a useful tool that I use every day in class. I still make mistakes but just knowing even the basics has really helped my understanding of the music we sing and has even made it more enjoyable and I think that's a really cool thing to be able to say.

Brooke McLaughlin

Back to top Go down