Hingham High School Chorus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sight-Singing

Go down

Sight-Singing Empty Sight-Singing

Post  abbiruggiero Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:11 pm

We are less than a week away from our Talent Expo concert. Looking back, I am impressed we have come so far. It feels like yesterday that we just got our Disney arrangements and were struggling through the first page. We have come so far in preparing for our concert. The process in which we prepared ourselves proves to have drastically improved my sight-singing skills. Now I have a better sense of how to find doe without using the piano. To me one of the major challenges of learning our music was rhythm. It seemed like almost every day we would practice the same rhythm and never really move on. Though this was frustrating, it definitely paid off. After a few weeks passed, I found it easier to learn and recite rhythms. Finally, our timing clicked just in time to make our piece performance ready. Our new rehearsal process for this concert was challenging and strange at first, but overall it shaped my sigh-singing abilities for the better. I am happy to say that now I feel like a more independent voice, than I was a few months ago. I hope that in the future we use different tactics to improve our sight-singing abilities.

abbiruggiero

Back to top Go down