Hingham High School Chorus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Voice Lessons

Go down

Voice Lessons Empty Voice Lessons

Post  Maggie McFarland Wed May 01, 2013 7:34 pm

I have been taking voice lessons for about two years, and I can definitely notice improvement. I have to say that the voice lessons I take are not your average voice lessons. They are more focused on having fun and becoming more confident as an individual singer rather than improving on skills and technique. Though many may feel this seems unproductive I actually find it to be just the opposite. I can't stress enough how grateful I am to be a part of a chorus that takes music so seriously. Most choruses are structured more like my voice lessons, that is, it's just a fun class that isn't taken very seriously. Because we integrate advanced music, skills, ear training, and sight singing into our daily routine, I am able to work on my skills during class everyday. For me, my voice lessons are a way for me to be in touch with music in a more personal and laid back way. Sometimes in chorus class when things are really intense, it's easy to forget why we love to sing. Every Saturday when I go to my lesson, I am reminded of that and it continues to re-fuel my love for singing.

Maggie McFarland

Back to top Go down