Hingham High School Chorus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

voice lessons

Go down

voice lessons  Empty voice lessons

Post  Meghan Cashel Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:16 am

I think having a voice teacher is essential to improving your voice. As helpful as chorus is, there isn't enough time for Mr. Young to individually work with us and having a voice teacher not only helps yourself, but it also helps the chorus. I don't think having a voice teacher is worth it unless you are really passionate about theatre or music. It is a lot of time, and a lot of money, but has really been one of the most valuable things I have done for my voice. As a belter, it is really easy to belt unhealthily, but voice lessons with Randy have really helped me sing correctly and discover my legit voice. Singing lessons have given me an extra boost of confidence as well, which can be hard to come by while singing in an ensemble. I really love my voice lessons and recommend them to anyone who wants to improve on their voice. Randy McGee at south shore conservatory is especially wonderful... he is honest enough to tell you when something doesn't sound good but is always kind and funny in the process.

Meghan Cashel

Back to top Go down