Hingham High School Chorus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Making Strides

Go down

Making Strides Empty Making Strides

Post  amdurkin Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:57 pm

I feel like we are really making strides in our ability to sight read. Today in class, I felt myself knowing each note and not just singing along with the chorus. Sight singing has always been a real challenge for me and today, for the first time, I felt like I was finally able to do it on my own. As a class we were able to sing today’s examples on rhythm syllables and we got all of the pitches more or less correct. I think it’s important to recognize the progress we have made as a chorus and individually. Last year in concert chorale I watched the sophomores struggle with book two and here I am as a sophomore successfully reading from book three. I can see the strides out program is making as we dedicate ourselves to being better musicians day in and day out. Is it weird that I’m a little bit excited for this assessment? It will be a true measure of our progress and I will be able to see if I really do know how to sight read. It’s a sink or swim moment and I hope that we will all succeed.

amdurkin

Back to top Go down