Hingham High School Chorus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disney !!!!!

2 posters

Go down

Disney !!!!! Empty Disney !!!!!

Post  Riley.Sweeney Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:05 pm

This year’s talent expo so far is very different than in past years. Not only are the students teaching themselves the songs but the songs were arranged by Mr. Young. I find it more difficult and in a sense uncomfortable with this change. I am worried that we will not be ready in time or that the music we make will not live up to Mr. Young’s expectations. I feel like it is much harder to be so independent so quickly. With less people in each section, missing one person is a huge loss and the whole section doesn’t sound right. The songs that were picked are interesting A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes, my groups song is coming out cool. The songs still sound rough and I hope in time we can pull it together. I think the rehearsals would be more productive if we had less warm up time. I know warm ups are important to wake up our voices and get us ready to sing but I feel as if they waste a ton of rehearsal time. Lately we don’t get into groups until almost half the class is over, and that is time we could be tweaking and learning new parts. Ten minutes is more than enough time to warm up and talk about what is on the agenda, I am eager to get started on learning the rest of these songs. I hope by the time the concert roles around we will be prepared and will not be freaking out about this change.

Riley.Sweeney

Back to top Go down

Disney !!!!! Empty disney :)

Post  Caitlin Sullivan Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:53 pm

I believe it was my sophomore year that we found out that we would do a Disney Talent Expo. Immediately the underclassmen were excited and the upperclassmen were jealous. Disney reminds us of our childhood, most songs are relatively simple, extremely catchy but more importantly very loved. Most Disney songs spark a memory in our minds. They all have such simple lyrics with such a positive and optimistic theme.
The songs that we are performing are just that. Bare necessities reflects the simplifies of life and I think (although we are all stressed) we need to internalize this mentality when singing it.
Today in class, we sang through Bare Necessities and I was really pleased at the way it sounded. We are getting there! Which makes me really excited for Tuesday! I think that regardless of what happens we will enjoy ourselves because Disney is such a loved 'genre' and we worked our hardest...thats all we can ask for.
I am also very excited for the special acts because I am sure they will sound amazing as usual!!

Caitlin Sullivan

Back to top Go down