Hingham High School Chorus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is Music?

2 posters

Go down

What is Music? Empty What is Music?

Post  HallieNowicki Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:42 pm

Music is what we hear on the radio, on CDs, at a concert, etc. Music is basically the sound that people like to hear! It is the combination of instruments, notes, rhythm, tempo, harmony, and melody to form a beautiful sound. I personally love music and I guess it makes me feel better when I listen to it, depending on the genre. That is because music creates emotions. Sometimes it makes me want to cry, sing along, or just break out in dance. I love pop, soul, and rock the best. Even though these types of music are totally different, they all produce a beautiful sound that I like to listen to. I think it's impossible to not like music. There are so many types of songs out there that can fit any personality or taste. Music can send a message in a catchy way, allowing that message to stick. Music isn’t just made to dance to. It’s also made to touch people’s hearts and make a difference. That’s why I like making and listening to music so much, it allows you to express yourself.

HallieNowicki

Back to top Go down

What is Music? Empty music

Post  Caitlin Sullivan Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:01 am

Music is literally the art or science of combining vocal or instrumental sounds (or both) to produce beauty of form, harmony, and expression of emotion. The vocal and instrumental sound produced in this way. Music is used as a device: it brings people together and allows people to connect. Music is everywhere. We hear it when we listen to the radio, sing, drive, and so much more. We dance to it, cry to it, sleep to it, be merry to it. Music is amazing because it is free. When I got to Red Sox games there are always homeless (maybe?) people making music on the side on the road. People with simple buckets and pots and pans banging away. Making a beat and making music. It is amazing that something so profound can be so free and unique.
Music makes people connect because it is universal. No matter what state, country or continent you are in music is always there. There are thousands of different genre's of music in many different languages. Music is always changing and so amazing because so many people can connect to it.

Caitlin Sullivan

Back to top Go down