Hingham High School Chorus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mentoring.

3 posters

Go down

Mentoring.  Empty Mentoring.

Post  MollySaran Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:26 pm

This year is personally an interesting year for me regarding mentoring. Since I am a sophomore in mixed chorus, I have no mentor nor mento. It's kind of a tough spot, because I want to help out the girls in concert chorale, but I don't have the experience yet. Although this year I just get to observe, I still think the mentoring program is a great way to unify both choruses. For me, my mentor left the chorus before we even got to meet, therefore I think the bond between mento and mentor is important. For example two days ago I was sitting next to another sophomore who is in mixed chorus and we were talking, and her old mentor approached us and said to her "Best mento ever, how are you?!" At first my reaction was normal but right then and there I was able to observe a bond between a mento and mentor which had never been broken. Even if for some like myself, the mentoring program doesn't work out at first, I think it is still extremely important to partake in whenever given the opportunity.

Molly Saran
Mixed Chorus

MollySaran

Back to top Go down

Mentoring.  Empty mentoring! yay!

Post  Caitlin Sullivan Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:53 pm

Replying to Molly's post about mentoring, I agree! It is such an important program and it absolutely helped the incoming freshman feel a part of chorus. Commenting on sophomores not getting a mentor- I think it mainly has to do with numbers. There is (usually) enough freshman for each junior and senior to have one. Although most sophomores would make wonderful mentors I think they are also adjusting to the new idea of mixed chorus/ not being a freshman.
In addition, I think that this year the program is going to do very well. Brian (and Sabrina too I believe!) seems to be very organized and motivated! I know that I have already contacted my mento through facebook and in person, telling her how excited I am!
I hope we can have more mentoring parties. I remember my freshman year we went bowling and did mentor-menti trivia! It was very fun! Also a great way to meet upper-classman.
Chorus is not just about singing. It involves knowing people personally to make a great chorus too! The mentoring program is a awesome way to make this happen!!
Can't wait!

Caitlin Sullivan

Back to top Go down

Mentoring.  Empty gooooo mentoring!

Post  Abby.Warren Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:05 pm

Responding to what both caitlin and molly said, I think mentoring is an awesome aspect of the chorus!! Meredith Tompkins is my mentor and she has really made my feel welcome to the HHS chorus family! I have made upperclassmen friends, and i know if i have and questions or concerns i can go to meredith. it was also a nice surprise when our mentors got us gifts at the concert!! it was really sweet and thoughtful. I feel like through having a mentor you can learn al lot about leadership skills and how to be a great chorus member! so even not having one in sophmore year you can learn from other people and help freshmen who may not know where their mentor is at that time. I also enjoy the idea of mentor mento parties! it is a fun way to bond with the chorus members and talk to your mentor about anything on your mind. I absolutely am all for mentoring and i look forward to one day being a mentor!

Abby.Warren

Back to top Go down

Mentoring.  Empty Re: Mentoring.

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down