Hingham High School Chorus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Importance of Mentoring

Go down

Importance of Mentoring Empty Importance of Mentoring

Post  Eliza Daniels Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:24 am

While there is evident enthusiasm for the beginning of the mentoring program each year, I think that generally the excitement and importance of this program tails off as the year progresses. I do not believe this should be the case. Oftentimes, we think it is enough to simply write a little note and to put a bag of candy in our mentoes folder slot before a performance, but is that really proving that you want to get to know them? While everyone has thier own busy schedules and obligations to attend to, I think time should be made for the mentoring program. Not only is it an ally to guide newcomers into our program, but more importantly, the program provides easy access to an older and more experienced friend. For me, as a freshman, being part of the program meant that I belonged to something, and being able to see a smile from my mentor in the hallway always made me feel a little bit better throughout my day. Now that I am the mentoe, I often wonder if I am doing enough for Claire to feel more accustomed and familiar with the High School and our chorus program. Since I know her through her sister, we were previously friendly, but now that I am her mentor, we have been in better communication, and we are even planning a Special Act for Talent Expo together. I hope the bond within the mentoring program continues to grow and more of a stress of importance is placed upon bridging the gap between upper and lower classmen within the chorus program. sunny

Eliza Daniels

Back to top Go down