Hingham High School Chorus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mentoring for the win

Go down

Mentoring for the win Empty Mentoring for the win

Post  Aoife Kingsbury Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:23 pm

I think every year Chorus members say “Oh yeah, let’s do mentoring this year, yay” etc, but in reality, mentoring is a great plan that we generally don’t execute. By discussing it but not really planning anything concrete, mentoring will fade away the way it does every year, so I’m hoping this year, we’ll make it doable. Obviously meeting every week will be an issue, but I definitely think mentors and their mentees should get together a few times outside of school, either to get coffee or just talk. I had a great mentor my first year in Chorus (Brianna DiTulio) but we only became close by coincidently both being on dance team. I promise to make an effort to get to know my mentee this year, and I hope everyone else will try to as well. At least once a week from now on I’m going to try to catch up with Molly, even if it’s in between classes or quickly before school. That could make all the difference to giving kids in Chorus a genuine bond.

Aoife Kingsbury

Back to top Go down