Hingham High School Chorus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Genres of Music

Go down

Genres of Music  Empty Genres of Music

Post  LBickford Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:18 pm

It was weird today because for some reason I thought it was funny how everyone prefers their own type of music. I mean, if you really think about it, I believe today's modern music personally all sounds the same in a way. If you listen to the classics like Sam Cooke, Margaret Whiting, or Elvis Presley you can hear how diverse and different the music was from then to now. A lot of the music today is similar with the instruments they use and how singers alter their voices to make their audience like them. I shouldn't be too hard on them since they have to make a living, but I really wish people from the 1960s' still made music today. Anyway, I think it's cool how everyone loves their own genres of music, such as pop to country, or rap to alternative. Personally, I'm very open to any types of music but I loath rap and musical lines. For this reason, I'll never really know, it's just something that bothers me about the kind of music they create, my heart is with country music because I love the accents and the instruments they portray throughout their song, especially their funny lines to rhyme the verses! Overall, I just thought I'd write a forum of this because I thought it was quite interesting how everyone prefers their own type of sound to pleasure their minds.

LBickford

Back to top Go down