Hingham High School Chorus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fall Concert 2012

Go down

Fall Concert 2012 Empty Fall Concert 2012

Post  Sabrina Clarke Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:57 pm

After being in chorus for three years, I know what to expect in the fall concert. Although I do miss the themed concerts, I think that performing the Districts and SEMBSA repetoire has proved to be very helpful. Leading up to Districts and SEMSBA auditions, you always feel a little nervous on how you prepare because what you may believe to be a very prepared audition could end up being disasterously off. But because we learn these pieces in class, we have to be prepared for the auditions! If we are forced to learn the pieces in advanced, everyone has more of an opportunity for being accepted into the festival and people who normally would not audition, now have the tools to prepare and might decide that it is a good idea to audition. I personally know that I feel better about audition for the festivals in the future. Instead of having to take extensive time outside of class to prepare, you learn how to sing it in class but prepare how to sing it as a solo outside of class. This also will help us become better singers. If 10 people in our class continue onto the festival, our class would be immediately benefitted because of those people who have had that experience. I hope that we have a lot of people auditioning this year.

Sabrina Clarke

Back to top Go down