Hingham High School Chorus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fall Concert 2012

Go down

Fall Concert 2012 Empty Fall Concert 2012

Post  Sarah Pohl Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:54 pm

Being a sophomore this year, I am more aware of what is going to happen throughout my time in chorus. I know what the fall concert is like and what we usually sound like leading up to the concert. This year is different than last year because of the different people in Concert Choral. Change is not always a bad thing. I am extremely excited for the fall concert because the new chorus members this year are fantastic. They truly have beautiful voices and the new way of rehearsal is only benefiting us. The new members along with not using the piano, I believe, will make the fall concert that much better than last year. We are coming along much quicker that we did last year because of the fact we are not using the piano. Also, the fall concert is a push off point of the year. We can only get better after it because we will have been singing together for a longer period of time and everyone will be completely used to the ways of chorus in the high school. The fall concert is just about two weeks away. Personally, I feel that it is coming up extremely fast. The school year just started and we are already going to have a concert! This may be a stress for some people because it is a little overwhelming at first. I know that I felt overwhelmed last year because I was not sure what to expect. I thought that because I was in high school that everything would be different, but in reality it is not all that different performing in front of a Middle School audience. I am excited to lead the freshman through the fall concert and have a fantastic performance with them. They may be nervous and overwhelmed now, but once we get there, everything will come together. The fall concert is an icebreaker and once we get through it, the rest of the concerts will be less nerve racking. I think it is going to be a phenomenal fall concert with fantastic pieces.

Sarah Pohl

Back to top Go down