Hingham High School Chorus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adele- A Generation of New Talent

Go down

Adele- A Generation of New Talent Empty Adele- A Generation of New Talent

Post  abbiruggiero Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:15 pm

On my iPhone I have a varied arrangement of artists, including Adam Lambert, Barry Manilow, Britney Spears, Carrie Underwood, the Glee Cast, Grandmaster Flash, the High School Musical Cast, Jack Johnson, Katy Perry, Ke$ha, and Taylor Swift. Those are just a few artists I enjoy listening to. I was introduced to my favorite artist, Adele, this summer, while I was in Oregon with my younger cousins. We were on a five-hour road trip to Black Butte Ranch, and of course listening to music. My uncle decided to turn on the Adele album 21, which I had never heard before. The only song I knew by Adele was Rolling in the Deep. My first thoughts on the album were that it was good, but the songs were too slow and boring. When we returned to my cousin’s house, the album had grown on me. I slowly, but surely enjoyed each song one by one. My dad really liked her album, so he decided to purchase it when be came back to Hingham. I was like dad that's a waste of money. No one is going to listen to it. I was completely wrong! Once I sunk the album to my phone, I listened to the entire thing every single night before I fell asleep. I was in love! That was the only music I listened to for a whole month. That's only twelve songs!!! My absolute favorite songs on album 21 are Someone Like You (before they played it on the radio) and One and Only. I probably listen to them everyday three, four, or five times. Someone Like You was written by Adele and Dan Wilson. "Well, I wrote that song because I was exhausted from being such a b!tch, with 'Rolling in the Deep' or 'Rumour Has It' ... I was really emotionally drained from the way I was portraying him, because even though I'm very bitter and regret some parts of it, he's still the most important person that's ever been in my life, and 'Someone Like You,' I had to write it to feel OK with myself and OK with the two years I spent with him. And when I did it, I felt so freed." said Adele. She really just wrote the song for herself, wanting it to help her recover from a hard breakup. I believe that this song has a great amount of feeling to it and is easy to relate to. Really, that is true for any of her other songs as well. Adele is an amazing artist and I know for a fact that she will go places. Day by day she is becoming more and more popular around the world. A dream come true for me would be to see her in concert. I think that would make me fall in love with her outstanding music even more!!!!!!!!!!! A last two points I would like to let you are that Adele does not care what anyone thinks of her and her songs. Also, all of her songs are always about real life experiences, good or bad. Having excellent qualities like Adele is a great thing to have and should make you a better person.

abbiruggiero

Back to top Go down