Hingham High School Chorus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Importance of room 197

2 posters

Go down

The Importance of room 197 Empty The Importance of room 197

Post  Caroline Randall Sun May 20, 2012 3:53 pm

The chorus room is definitely unlike any other classroom. We spend a lot of time in room 197 learning music, having discussions, and creating those special musical moments. So it goes without saying that this room is special for its sentimental values, but it could definitely use some more personality in its visual aspects. I think that the Beatles mural really adds a lot to the room, and the mural that is currently in progress will surely do the same- I cannot wait to see how it turns out! I also really like the bulletin board on the wall that has the chorus guidelines on it because it personalizes the room. However, some of the walls are still pretty barren. Doing a new mural every year is a great idea and will definitely add some more personality to this very special room.

Caroline Randall

Back to top Go down

The Importance of room 197 Empty Room 197 improvements

Post  Alison McDermott Mon May 28, 2012 6:59 pm

I definitely agree with Caroline. The chorus room is important to me for sentimental reasons and so it seems fitting that it be adorned with murals and posters just as nice! The Beatles mural and the posters around the room tells a passerby right away that Room 197 isn't just any other classroom; it has color, spunk. Although I LOVE the Beatles mural, it is definitely time to add something new and I think the Motown mural will do just that. But I don't think that we should settle for just two murals, I think that we should try and make it a goal to add something new every year or so. Perhaps next year we can paint a Disney mural, and the following year we could re-decorate the bulletin board. Just like in our music we can't limit our creativity, we have to have fun and make something new and different!

Alison McDermott

Back to top Go down