Hingham High School Chorus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Idea for room 197

2 posters

Go down

Idea for room 197 Empty Idea for room 197

Post  ChrisMcDonald Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:28 pm

I have to say that the chorus room is already a wonderful place to be in the morning and after school. Just being in the room with an awesome Beatles mural is cool on its own. It is also a great learning place, excluding the buzzing lights and temperature. There is one thing I would recommend we should do, and that is we should have an alley going up the middle of the rows. I think that would be a good idea because when people have to go up to the piano or go to the bathroom, they would either step over people or slide past everyone causing a distraction. The only flaw with it is that it would separate the sopranos and basses from the other sopranos and basses. But overall it would provide better spacing for everyone and we will be using the space given to us in the chorus room. So overall I think making an alley in the middle of the seats will provide better spacing and less distractions for our chorus.

ChrisMcDonald

Back to top Go down

Idea for room 197 Empty Room 197

Post  MeredithTompkins Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:04 pm

I think Chris has a really great idea. People getting up to go to the bathroom or get a tissue or something else is quite distracting when they have to climb over you while you are trying to concentrate. I think that the decrease in distraction achieved will be a greater then the slight separation between a few people. I am also very excited for the new mural that has been talked about and hopefully planned. I know i wont be able to enjoy it for long but it will be awesome to be able to see and know that it is there. The chorus room is one of my favorite rooms in the school because it is so different from the others. Room 197 is so inviting and ready for music and it is the perfect room for music making!

MeredithTompkins

Back to top Go down