Hingham High School Chorus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lessons of the Day

Go down

Lessons of the Day  Empty Lessons of the Day

Post  Grace Doyle Mon May 07, 2012 7:25 pm

Our new way of learning choral music is very effective but is a hard process. I think that focusing on singing the correct pitch and internalizing the rhythm is helpful because we are training ourselves to "hear" the music without knowing what it's suppose to sound like. Personally I feel like I have learned a lot and been able to pinpoint my strengths and weaknesses and work on them. As a chorus I feel like that everyone is improving and contributes the same music quality to produce an overall better sound. I also feel like our chorus is better as a whole because without the piano it really makes all voice parts listen to each other and blend together. I do like the new process of learning music but at times I find it very frustrating. When we go over a part of our music that is difficult and I keep getting wrong I always want to quit and give up, especially when I know if I heard it on the piano I could get it. This frustration has been disheartening because I know that I should be getting it but this frustration I feel like has made me a better musician. I really have to work at my music because I can't just rely on the piano I have to know the music myself and having the pressure to having to know it myself has made me really look at my music and internalizing what it's suppose to sound like. Now each day of lessons are challenging but at the end of each day I'm always happy at what we accomplished.

Grace Doyle

Back to top Go down