Hingham High School Chorus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Day of Lessons

2 posters

Go down

Day of Lessons Empty Day of Lessons

Post  LouisaBrady Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:15 am

Last year, the Day of Lessons that Tri-M put together as one of the two chapter projects was, undeniably the high point of the year for Tri-M, but it was also such a fun experience. I only worked at the event for an hour or two and only taught two lessons, but I came away from it feeling so accomplished and excited about the music program. At the time, I was looking forward to participating in more events like that in years to come, but unfortunately, Tri-M isn't happening this year. So, I was wondering if anyone who's reading this forum would be interested in putting together something like a Day of Lessons this year. It was so rewarding to work with younger kids because I honestly felt like I was making a difference in their future choices regarding the music department, and I'd really love to help put something like that together again, especially since recruitment is such an important topic right now. I'm not sure if anyone will read this forum because it might seem like sort of a dead topic, but if you do let me know what you think!!

LouisaBrady

Back to top Go down

Day of Lessons Empty Day of Lessons

Post  Kalli Jermyn Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:25 pm

I completely agree with Louisa. Last year the Day of Lessons was such a cool project. I really felt way more into music and teaching other people. I actually think that it was because of that experience that I realized I wanted to do something with music in college. After leaving I felt like I helped someone else stay interested in singing and helped them excel as a singer. I would love to help coordinate and participate in a Day of Lessons this year. I think that now this year since it’s not an official Tri-M project that more people will want to do it. Last year I felt that people who were not in Tri-M, at least in the chorus anyways, were too intimidated to help out or thought it was only a Tri-M thing. I think more people should experience teaching a younger musician what we know; Therefore, I’d be more than happy to help coordinate and participate in this. Very Happy

Kalli Jermyn

Back to top Go down