Hingham High School Chorus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Choral Spectrum and the new rehearsal techniques

Go down

Choral Spectrum and the new rehearsal techniques Empty Choral Spectrum and the new rehearsal techniques

Post  NoelleM Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:51 pm

Rehearsing without the piano is definitely a challenge, especially in a large group like mixed chorus, because it is difficult to make sure that every single person is on the same page all the time. Because of this, rehearsals can get frustrating. However, I feel like choral spectrum gives me a glimpse of what rehearsal without the piano can be like. As a smaller group, we have adjusted quicker and I feel like I'm getting a glimpse into the future of mixed chorus. Though we still struggle and meet our snags, we've been getting into a stride and it really feels like everybody is reading independently while at the same time helping each other get over the hurdles. I'm finding I'm enjoying the reading a lot more than I thought I would because it's something that I didn't know I'd be able to do. It's different in mixed chorus because the group is larger and a bit more unwieldy, but I try to bring the attitude I feel in spectrum into class every day.

NoelleM

Back to top Go down