Hingham High School Chorus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Choral Spectrum

Go down

Choral Spectrum Empty Choral Spectrum

Post  EmmaGivney Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:44 am

As a member of Choral Spectrum, I'm beginning to understand just how difficult working in a small group can be. I find that, because we have only twelve members, everyone is infinitely more exposed--sometimes painfully so. I have had to force myself to grow as a musician both within and outside of the group's rehearsal. Or rehearsal time is extremely limited, so we have to move fast and pick things up even faster. Lately, the group has been working a cappella to work through harmonies that are extremely complex and sophisticated. It slightly more satisfying when you have to work that much harder to get your material. There's also a higher level of pressure that stems from the fact that there are only four people to a section. You have to be at rehearsal, or you let your section down. You have to work on the material, or the others have trouble tuning. All in all, I find my experience working with my peers in Choral Spectrum both musically and socially lucrative.

EmmaGivney

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum