Hingham High School Chorus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TV Talent Shows

Go down

TV Talent Shows Empty TV Talent Shows

Post  MollySaran Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:43 pm

As I sit here and watch "The Voice", I am absolutely blown away by this man named Chris Mann sing "Bridge over Troubled Waters". Most of us are aware that the quality of most contestants on television talent shows can lack musical expression, but Chris Mann has completely changed my thought process. A little vibrato, his voice reflects the unfound opera singers out there who can share something so special. I am surprised that he has turned to television contests for his voice to be heard. Unfortunately, I feel like these kinds of shows can do one of two things to a singer; ruin their voice or make them famous. In most cases the winners become famous. It's not to say that all winner's of T.V. talent shows stink. I think that Carrie Underwood, winner of American Idol, represents modern country music outstandingly. I almost hope that Chris Mann doesn't win "The Voice" because I think he has a lot of potential to be a true male opera singer, and the all the fame, money, and glory cannot offer him that. TV talent shows are a great way for average people to be discovered, but they do not allow the individual to develop professional experience.

Molly Saran

MollySaran

Back to top Go down