Hingham High School Chorus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Singing Assessments

Go down

Singing Assessments Empty Singing Assessments

Post  Aoife Kingsbury Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:24 pm

I think that people get really worked up over these singing assessments (including me) out of nerves and also out of lack of preparation... Our Chorus had a pretty rough assessment the other day when the majority of the class didn't perform nearly as well as we normally do....I think we can attribute this to stress of finals, other priorities, and plainly forgetting that we even had a vocal singing assessment....Either way, I hope we can improve next time, and I personally will actually practice this time (I honestly didn't even know we had a singing test that day). With that in mind, I know these tests are the most stressful thing we do in Chorus because essentially everyone has to sing alone, and everyone thinks they're being judged and it's just generally not very fun. Hopefully that mindset will change if we prepare better next time, and everyone can feel a lot more comfortable singing in front of the class, solo-style.

Aoife Kingsbury

Back to top Go down