Hingham High School Chorus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Social Activities

Go down

Social Activities Empty Social Activities

Post  Caitlin Boyle Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:15 pm

I think it is a very important part of the music department to have social outings. Every day, B (or A) block the same group of people join together in the chorus classroom to make music together. It is different than just having classes with people because classes focus more on the individual a lot of the time but in chorus we are all working together to make this music the best we can. Though a lot of us are friends or even acquainted with each other, I know there are people that I personally am not friends with. Though I'm not suggesting that everyone in chorus should be best friends or anything but it would be nice if we could all know each other a little better which I think these outings can help do. We've had pasta parties which were successful, though I was unable to make it to them, and the outing to the musical. I think that it is much needed to have a bonding outage in February which will be another opportunity for both choruses to bond. Coming up, we have the hockey game to support members of the chorus while being with members of the chorus! I think social activities like those are very important because it gives us the opportunity to see fellow chorus members do other things that they love, besides singing! I look forward to chorus activities to come though we've already been out to a great start in the last two terms.

Caitlin Boyle

Back to top Go down