Hingham High School Chorus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Talent Expo

Go down

Talent Expo Empty Talent Expo

Post  jennalee9896 Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:45 pm

We've started to rehearse our new music for the upcoming Talent Expo, which this year is the music of Broadway. I am a huge fan of Broadway musicals, so I am really excited for this concert! At first I was a little disappointed that we were going to be doing music from older Broadway musicals (1930s and 40s). However, I'm really enjoying this older music because you don't hear this type of music on Broadway anymore. With Broadway becoming more modern and producing musicals with rock-sounding music, this type of music is becoming more of a memory of the past. I think it's great that we are performing the music of old Broadway because not alot of people know that Broadway once sounded like that. Most people, Broadway fans and non-fans, are familiar with the musicals of today, such as Wicked, Rent, and Les Miserables. Performing this great music of musicals from a long time ago helps us understand that there is more to Broadway music than "Defy Gravity" and "Castle on a Cloud". There are other amazing songs that most people have never heard of.

jennalee9896

Back to top Go down