Hingham High School Chorus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Singing Assesments

Go down

Singing Assesments Empty Singing Assesments

Post  Maggie McFarland Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:34 pm

I think it's safe to say that I've been in a bit of a rut as far as singing assessments go. I don't know what it is but I can't seem to perform when it's my turn to sing. Though I have been quite frustrated by this, I know I need to keep my head high and keep trying my best. I think the biggest problem is my lack of confidence. It's funny because I feel like I had more confidence as a singer when I was younger, as I have matured this has gone away. I also think that my ear training skills are really behind my reading skills. I know the notes I'm reading, and I know what solfege syllable they are, but I can't seem to produce the right note. This has always been my weakness and I think my last few singing assessments have proven that I really need to work on this weakness. I also think I need to work on whole steps and half steps. This is a skill that I haven't quite mastered and I know it is very important that I do because it will help me so much. For now, I'm focusing on preparing my song for the Choral Spectrum performance and doing the best I can on that.

Maggie McFarland

Back to top Go down