Hingham High School Chorus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spring Orchestra/Band Concert

Go down

Spring Orchestra/Band Concert Empty Spring Orchestra/Band Concert

Post  LouisaBrady Fri May 17, 2013 10:58 am

Even though this event isn't upcoming anymore, I wanted to write a post about the most recent band and orchestra concert. I was late, so I didn't get to see the entire thing, but I was so inspired to see all of the different groups that performed at the concert and the passion that all of the students had. It's amazing to me and Mr. Cincotta and Ms. Sassano are so good at conducting for such a huge variety of instruments. There are instruments written on the program that seem so uncommon to me, yet they are still included in these ensembles. I think this is really admirable and great that our school can provide opportunities to students who want to play obscure instruments. Additionally, one of the performances that stood out to me was Sean Britt's band (I'm not sure of their name). They played an original song at the concert and got a well-deserved standing ovation. It's awesome to see musicians in HHS creating music on their own, not particularly for a grade or for a purpose, but just because they love it.

LouisaBrady

Back to top Go down