Hingham High School Chorus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Learning Music

Go down

Learning Music  Empty Learning Music

Post  Grace Doyle Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:05 pm

After the major works concert, I was personally excited about learning about the new approach to learning our choral music. We are still in the starting stages of blending with our groups which makes the task difficult but so far I have found that the new approach about teaching the music to ourselves is exceptionally difficult. I find that when we work in our individual groups it's hard to keep everyone in the group focused on moving ahead with our music. I find that some members learn faster than others which is totally understandable but for the students who learn faster it becomes frustrating to work with the students who need help. I personally am happy to help anyone in my group who needs it, but I find that sometimes everyone says that they don't need help or to review a part but say they know it when they do not. This slows everyone's learning process down because a section learns there part wrong which can and has been throwing other parts off. I think that it will be a great learning experience for everyone, but i'm worried that the pieces won't be ready by the time of the concert.

Grace Doyle

Back to top Go down