Hingham High School Chorus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Singing Assessments

Go down

Singing Assessments Empty Singing Assessments

Post  Brooke McLaughlin Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:57 am

As we all know, two days ago we had our first singing assessment of second term. Overall, I thought it went really well. I remember being a freshman and thinking how scary it was to be assessed on singing by yourself in front of the whole class. I still get nervous to this day because it is a lot to process knowing that someone is deliberately critiquing multiple aspects of your sound while everyone else is watching. I have never been a huge fan of the assessments and I am not going to lie and say that I love them now but, I have come to appreciate them more. I feel much more comfortable now than I did four years ago and I think part of that may be because I have done it so many times at this point. But the one thing that has changed that I really like is the choice to either do it in front of the class or come before school when there are less eyes on you. As the class begins you could feel really confident but by the time the person before you is half way finished with theirs your heart starts pounding and the fear of nerves ruining the whole assessment becomes somewhat of a reality. It is nice to know that you can change your mind at the last minute and do it later that week. Just knowing that is possible calms me down enough to stand up and do it anyway.

Brooke McLaughlin

Back to top Go down