Hingham High School Chorus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Singing Assessments

Go down

Singing Assessments Empty Singing Assessments

Post  abbiruggiero Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:01 pm

I feel that singing assessments are essential for chorus. They help portray the skills you have developed. They show that you have learned something and that you are an independent singer. Without singing assessments, some people could think that chorus is an effortless class that supplies minimal value in life. There would be no need for that individual to participate in class because they would never need to showcase their skills alone; therefore, emphasizes the significance of singing assessments. Taking an assessment is another story. For me, no matter how well prepared I feel I can't control the stress and anxiety I feel towards singing assessments. The most pressure is when you have to actually sing in front of the class. There is no doubt that everyone is kind and supportive, but singing alone is a lot t0 handle! After the singing portion so weight is lifted of my shoulder because I know that all I have left is a rhythm and ear training exercise! Even then I still feel nervous because to succeed you need to not hesitate or really think about what you are doing. You need to let everything come naturally because you do know it, again it is just that sometimes in from t of the class everything is more stressful. I like that Mr. Young provides the opportunity to sing before class, for those who really don't want to sing in front of the class, but in doing that it deprives that individual from growing as a member of the chorus. That is why I continue to complete my singing assessments in class, I want to overcome my anxiety and be a strong preformed.

abbiruggiero

Back to top Go down