Hingham High School Chorus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Favorite Artist

Go down

My Favorite Artist  Empty My Favorite Artist

Post  Sophi97 Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:08 pm

I listen to all types of music from all decades, but I always find myself coming back to the half-Welch, half-Greek singer-songwriter Marina Diamandis (better known as Marina and the Diamonds, where "the Diamonds" actually stand for her fans, and not her backup band, which is still amazing!) Marina's music style ranges from indie pop to alternative rock in her first album, "The Family Jewels," to a bit of new-wave and synth/electro-dance pop with fun, steady beats in her newest album, "Electra Heart." Most of her songs are upbeat and fun to dance to, with a few ballads mixed in there to get you relaxing, as her voice is so unique and admirable! (Iv'e seen her live twice, she's a PHENOMENAL singer and dancer!) On the way to school, listening to Marina's music always gets me going and thinking, just in time for a brand-new day. Whatever mood I'm in, (mostly really happy or really sad) there is always a Marina song I have right here for that! Her style is very admirable, as she is a nice, smart, and funny person in real life- which is why her lyrics are so great with so much effort put into them- where anyone at all can relate to them, if understanding clearly what she means! My favorite song by her is constantly changing, (as I know all the words by heart) but right now, my favorite has got to be "Hermit the Frog" from her first album. It may not be her most popular song, but as of right now the beat is so catchy and addicting, with haunting, enthusiastic vocals, and unbelievably relatable (if not wacky) lyrics! It is all about making the wrong desicion in choosing a relationship with the wrong guy, who turned out to be antisocial, and, well- a hermit! The chorus goes like this: Oh, my heart just burst like a glass balloon/I let it fly too high, and it shattered too soon/I was the wrong damn girl in the wrong damn room/I broke my glass balloon/I let go of my glass balloon! (It is talking about how her relationship expectations and hopes were too high, and how she wasn't right for the guy, and it ended before she expected it!) Other songs you should totally check out by the fabulous Marina would be: Girls, Guilty, Mowgli's Road, I Am Not A Robot, Oh No!, Numb, Rootless, Primadonna, Teen Idle, How to Be A Heartbreaker, Lies, The State of Dreaming, Radioactive.......oh, how the list could go on! So, if you are into pop or rock, and just love upbeat songs that can get you going in any mood you are in, give this unique and special artist a try!!!!

Sophi97

Back to top Go down