Hingham High School Chorus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite artist- Keane

2 posters

Go down

Favorite artist- Keane Empty Favorite artist- Keane

Post  Andrea White Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:34 pm

My iPod has probably the strangest range of song genres on it: I listen to rap, classical music, and bubble-gum pop, as well as alternative rock and some jazz. My current favorite artist is Keane, a fantastic, British band not many people have heard of. Strangely enough, their music is actually rather famous-their song "Somewhere Only We Know" was recently featured on the TV show "Glee". This same song was also played as the background music for the new "Winnie the Pooh" movie trailer. Keane is a fantastic alternative band, and I know that if the radio stations played their songs more, they'd be extremely famous. My other favorite songs are "Kiss Me" by Sixpence None the Richer, "Smile" by Uncle Kracker, and "100 Years" by Five for Fighting. Though all the musicians I've listed are less well known then Lady Gaga or Katy Perry, these listed songs have a deeper meaning then most songs could ever dream of having. Keane is actually quite famous in the United Kingdom; the unfair part is that, though they're famous in the UK, they aren't well-known at all in the United States. I hope that Keane isn't simply a one-hit wonder; in my opinion, they're nearly as talented as the Beatles.

Andrea White

Back to top Go down

Favorite artist- Keane Empty Favorite Songs/Artists

Post  jennalee9896 Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:27 pm

My iPod nano consists of a large variety of songs from many different genres of music. I have had my iPod since the 5th grade, so if you scroll through my list of songs, you can find pretty much any song from 2008 (Jonas Brothers, High School Musical 2, etc..) to today's music (Lady Gaga, Adele, etc..). Some examples of the random artists I have on my iPod are Nicki Minaj, Adele, Adam Lambert, India.Arie, Flo Rida, Aerosmith, Britney Spears, and various music from Glee.I will admit, I am a huge "theatre geek". Therefore, a lot of my iPod contains songs/castrecordings from various Broadway/Off-Broadway musicals. Some of my favorites include Wicked, In The Heights, Xanadu, Memphis and Rent. Since I am such a big fan of Broadway, I am thrilled that Broadway is the theme for Talent Expo this year! Lately, I have started listening to the music of Katie Melua, a blues singer who resides in the UK. I dance with a pre-professional dance program in Boston, and one of the classes peformed a contemporary piece to her song "I Cried for You", which is my favorite song of hers. I enjoy her music because her voice is very unique, and the lyrics to her songs are very moving and emotional. Currently, my favorite band, whose album i just downloaded onto my iPod, is a country band called The Band Perry. Their song "If I Die Young" has just started to be played on the radio, and has made the band sort of an overnight sensation. It was also sung by Lauren Alaina on this season of American Idol. I hope that more of their songs become more famous because their CD really is awesome, and each member of the band is very talented.

jennalee9896

Back to top Go down