Hingham High School Chorus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

solo audtions

Go down

solo audtions Empty solo audtions

Post  anniebeyerl Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:25 am

Having your first audition for a solo can be nerveracking, but it is also rewarding. I'm always nervous because that is just what happens, and I usually try to just let the nerves come because I know that they are good in a way and might even push me to do a better job. Nerves are natural and I believe that they are there for a reason. Without a few nerves you could end up overly confident and not prepared to try your best. To help calm myself before an audition I always take a couple of deep breaths and tell myself that I know what to do. It helps to be in the right mindset before an audition because if your are mentally prepared then you give an overall better performance. Finding out that I didn't get the solo can be dissapointing. The best way to go about it is to pick yourself up and say to yourself that you are proud for at least auditioning. You also have to realize that it's not the end of the world and that there will be more auditions. It's imprtant to realize that and just hope for the best for your next audition because if you dwell on the past then you will never improve. Work on the mistakes you made and put all of your effort into becoming a better singer.

anniebeyerl

Back to top Go down