Hingham High School Chorus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

solo auditions

Go down

solo auditions Empty solo auditions

Post  kenziehunt Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:45 pm

Solo Auditions! They are something that almost everybody hates, whether it's because they think they have a bad voice and don't want to be heard in front of others. Maybe nerves get the best of them and they shake and their voice shakes so uncontrollably that they feel they will be sick singing in front of others. As Mr. Young said in class today, singing is very personal to a lot of people, so personal that sharing it with others may freak certain individuals out. For me, I sit anticipating the time when I get to sing in front of all my peers and show all of them what I can do. So I sit and wait and wait and wait, and then when it is my turn I start to freak out. MAJORLY. Usually I smile to myself and look up at the ceiling to calm myself down. Then I sing and it turns out... Okay (usually). I always believe that I could have done better, especially if the thing I am trying out for is calling my name and I love it so dearly. I know that there is always people that are better than I am and maybe they are just a better fit for the part than I am. The fear of not getting the role does not make me not want to try out because if my audition goes badly, I know that my friends will cheer me up and tell me I did well. I would do the same for them. However, the blow of "failing" and not getting the part does make me feel sad but I think about how well the person that got it will do and I get really excited. Everyone likes to watch other people do amazing things and say that they know them. Everyone likes being in the spotlight now and then too. My advice, have FUN when you try out for something and try to let go because you only get one shot so make it memorable. I always remember, life will go on if I don't get the part. I know other opportunities will come my way.
Kenz xxx

kenziehunt

Back to top Go down