Hingham High School Chorus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Solo Auditions

2 posters

Go down

Solo Auditions Empty Solo Auditions

Post  cmaisto7 Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:25 pm

I have a lot of experience in singing in front of people, and being aware of my singing being judged. I have auditioned for many chorus solos, but most of the experience I'm speaking of has to do with me trying to build my own singing career. I have had to perform in front of crowds and in front of people whose opinions matter to me. I remember one of the most nerve wracking events I have had to perform for was the first time I met my producer for my album, and i had to play for him. If i did badly he would not have wanted to work with me. Whenever I'm performing for something that I'm scared about,I try to visualize myself in a different place. While practicing my piece,I make a conscious effort to be aware of my surroundings. I try to memorize details so that if I closed my eyes I would be able to picture the room I'm in perfectly. When I'm auditioning, I convince myself that I am there and alone. Another thing that I do to help nerves is accept the fact that I am nervous. If you deny that you're nervous, then it only further contributes to your nerves. Also, taking deep breaths helps!

cmaisto7

Back to top Go down

Solo Auditions Empty Re: Solo Auditions

Post  mkd1186 Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:42 pm

When I first came to the high school I was always nervous to have to sing by myself. Solo auditions I would always get really nervous and my heart would start to beat fast. Although I was scared I was also always so excited. Trying out for a solo takes a lot of courage. Even if I didn't get a solo I was also proud of myself stepping up and auditioning. I always loved hearing the others who tried out also. i was always nervous if i was ever going to be judged. I learned that everyone in chorus was certainly not like that and i became a lot more comfortable.Now that we have been working on a new technique with out music I am curious to see how the solo auditions turn out. At first I thought it wasn't going to go all to well because I felt like it would be hard for people to make it before or after school. I am looking forward on hearing who are the next soloist for all of the songs in out Disney concert. I am excited to go in tomorrow morning and hear everyone who tries out for 'can you feel the love tonight.'

mkd1186

Back to top Go down