Hingham High School Chorus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Auditioning for Solos

2 posters

Go down

Auditioning for Solos Empty Auditioning for Solos

Post  marykateleonard Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:30 pm

Although auditioning in front of an entire many seem very intimidating at first, it really is not as bad as it seems. For me, it helps to realize that every person who is listening to me is not judging me or thinking mean thoughts, as in Concert Chorale this year and last year, the atmosphere was been very comfortable and inviting. I think that every person should audition for at least one solo, as it really is a great opportunity to practice putting yourself out there, and accepting either failure or success with grace in public. These are all important skills to have in life, and I think that auditions have helped me to build confidence I never would have had without chorus.

marykateleonard

Back to top Go down

Auditioning for Solos Empty At Least One Solo!

Post  rmcdonnell14 Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:19 am

I completely agree with Marykate with the fact that auditioning for at least one solo is important! Especially in Concert Chorale there is such a comfortable atmosphere. As a sophomore, I used to be terrified to sing freshman year in front of the class because I was intimidated by the older girls. But in my second year of singing I have realized that everyone supports each other no matter the circumstance. Even if you have a voice that needs more improvement then some girls that doesn't make you a bad singer. Everyone has their flaws in music and room for improvement. I personally have several things I am working on to correct and somehow singing in front of a crowd helps me to fix them. Because I am able to see how I perform by myself and get stronger each time. Of course it is disappointing to not receive the opportunity to sing a solo, but as long as I give it my best effort I am proud of myself. And even if you don't try out until your second, third, or fourth year of singing, the effort in the end makes a difference. Your comfort level is important when singing and finding a way to calm your nerves is key. I personally take a deep breathe and act like i'm singing in my shower which might seem strange but it works for me!

rmcdonnell14

Back to top Go down