Hingham High School Chorus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I like sight singing

2 posters

Go down

I like sight singing Empty I like sight singing

Post  Amanda Emmel Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:53 pm

I think that sight-singing is underrated. Most people will say that it's the part that they dread about auditions and assessments and all, but I actually think that it's kind of fun. It is a great skill to be able to look at music written on a page and turn it into a little tune. While in class, it's done with more of a 'get through it' attitude than one of musical curiosity, I think it would be beneficial to actually try to enjoy the sight-singing examples. Obviously, it also helps our chorus when we come to learning the pieces that we perform, and reading music is a fun thing to be able to do in the long run. As long as we get interested in the sight-singing, we can have more fun and learn more at the same time.

Also: this emoticon has the label 'albino' albino ......wait, what?

Amanda Emmel

Back to top Go down

I like sight singing Empty Re: I like sight singing

Post  NoelleM Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:09 pm

I think that sometimes we aren't as enthusiastic about the sight-singing as we could be because we aren't confident in our own abilities. I know that sight-singing makes me really nervous, especially in auditions, and it's easy to just follow along with others when you're in a group as large as our chorus. However, I find that I'm much more confident and I have a lot more fun with the sight-singing if I practice it at home. Practicing at home is the most fun I ever have with sight-singing, because I get new assurance that I can do it without a safety net, and that's a nice boost. Sight-singing for auditions still intimidates me, but the more I practice, the more confidence I have that I can approach the challenge and solve problems.

NoelleM

Back to top Go down